Background

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

I don't do breaks!!!

Let's just start off by saying I don't to breaks. Spring break might be more fun if I was with my big sister who lives in Florida (even though she's on a road trip right now), or if I had big plans, but no I'm here...in Albuquerque...and all that seems to happen when I have a school break is trouble.

I went to the zoo yesterday with my family and got sunburned (in 70 degree weather) even though I had sunscreen on, I ended the day with a massive migraine, and my car window that got rolled down on our way home from the zoo decided it wanted to break and wouldn't roll up.

So my sweet little brother (Sam) tried to help me fix my window. We were able to get the panel off my door and look at it and decide that it was the regulator that needs replaced and there wasn't much that we could do. So with much dismay we pieced my door back together and decided to try and call our local mechanic in the morning to see what can me done.

This morning I woke up at 8, which on break I'd normally sleep in until noon if I'm being honest...I guess having to get up at 4:45-5am on my clinical mornings is starting to change my sleep pattern...any hoot...when I got up and dressed I started making phone calls to the different shops to try and find out where to take my car. I knew that my breaks also needed attention since they hadn't been changed since I got my car and they were now starting to squeal. Around noon I was finally able to make some progress with finding out where to take my car. So I got my window back up while we wait for the regulator to get to the store (now I don't have to feel so naked with my care window rolled down).

Between getting my window taking care of and going to take care of my breaks my mom and I went to a little "hole in the wall" here in town called Sophia's Place. It's a little restaurant here in town that was featured on
Guy Ferrari's: Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives and I had been wanting to try! It was fun to try a place that we'd never been to..and the food was really good! :)

With a smile on our faces and our stomachs full of good food we made our way to Break Master's to get a break inspection. I was expecting it to be more expensive to fix up my breaks, but I never imagined they'd tell me it would be nearly $800 and that my transmission is on its last leg!!! ACK! So now I'm faced with trying to decide if I want to fork out the money to keep up my '92 Honda that only has 114,000 miles on it, or if I want to try and make it last until I graduate and have a job and can afford a new(er) car. I suppose the only question that matters is how long my car will last...

And that my dear friends is why I don't to breaks. It means you have time to drive around town and try and get general maintenance done on your car and find out it has vascular stenosis, type 2 diabetes, and needs its front toes to be amputated and a kidney transplant! Blah...so I hope everyone else is kicking back and loving their spring break. Enjoy it extra for me...at least I've gotten my workouts in..that counts for something!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment