Background

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Keep an eye out 'four' me...

Today was a great day...because I'm moving on to level Four, the last of the levels! I got an 86 on my final and an 87 overall so I'm very happy with how this semester went!


I was at the final review today and was talking to some fellow classmates about our inability to describe this semester! I think the best description we came up with was, "phenomenal". It seems like ages ago that I was deep throat suctioning my patient and doing my PICC line dressing changes. It seems like a lifetime ago that we were sitting in on our OB seminars! 


What's even more mind blowing is that one year ago I was shaking in my boots counting down the days until I started nursing school! One short year ago I wasn't the person that I am today. I was naive, timid, frightened, and unsure of what I was getting myself into. However, along the way,  I've gained confidence, knowledge, wisdom, strength, and amazing friends!!!


So what is one to do while I'm on my four week summer break?! I'm going to go to Florida to see my big sister and little nephews and brother-in-law! WOOT! Keep an eye out 'four' me on the waves! I will also have to find some time to study for the CCT exam that we get to take at the beginning of each semester! :) 


You know, finishing each level is amazing, but what's even better than passing yourself is hearing about and seeing all of your friends move on to the next level! I'm overwhelmed with excitement, pride, and joy each and every time I hear that one of my friends has made it through the semester! I've said it before and I'll keep saying it...nursing isn't about one person doing better than another...it's about becoming a team, uniting, sharing knowledge and wisdom with one another, and helping each other stay above water! 


I'm excited for next semester to see what it will bring. It's rumored that we won't have our preceptorship (where we're the real nurse with a full patient load and do all the care for the patients). They say that there aren't enough spots to place our enormous group...but they're hopeful that they'll be able to work something out. We shall see what this last chapter brings...until then...I'll leave another funny comic with you all about preceptors! Hahahaha...hope you enjoy!



2 comments:

  1. Oh Maggie....words are simply inadequate to express how FAB it is for me to watch you study and study, review....prep for classes and exams, and see you blossoming into a nurse!!

    ReplyDelete