Background

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

And so it begins...

And so the holidays are over...and I'm especially thankful since I work in the retail world (which is not as glamorous as some may think). My two older brothers that live out of state came home and it was really nice to have a full house and some noise to drive one crazy. I have some pictures to share...the first few are from White Sands (Alamogordo, New Mexico) and then the others are at Tent Rocks (Cochiti Pueblo, NM)

 So on the left would be Elise (David's fiance), Abbie, and Me! And on the right is the gorgeous sunset at White Sands


To the left here would be 3/4 of my brothers John (in the hat), Sam (in the white shirt), and David (in the grey shirt) and to the right is me and my mom!

On the left here is David and his fiance Elise and on the right is me and Elise pointing to the top where we had climbed to! It was a fun hiking trip!



Well, enough with vacation because today was the first day of level three. I'm extremely excited about this semester. We will be covering more med-surg, but we also get to start our mother-child care and mental health care as well! Our coordinator seems phenomenal and I couldn't be more excited about getting started. We're definitely hitting the ground running...I have 4 chapters that I need to get read (YIKES)

For those of you that don't know I want to go into labor and delivery and that is one of the main reasons that I'm really looking forward to this semester! This Thursday and Friday we get to have 8 hour seminars on OB! Woooohoo! I'd be lying if I said I was looking forward to the mental health rotation, but somehow, I have a feeling that it will all work out and I may even enjoy it...growing up with a huge family I'm pretty sure you could classify every single one of my siblings and parents as mentally insane...So as I like to say, "Insanity runs in my family, it practically gallops"....who knows, maybe I'll fit right in!!!

On a more serious note, it's funny how several weeks away from your classmates can seem like a lifetime. It was nice to be reunited again and continue on this journey that we have begun together. It's so exciting getting to know the people around you and bonding in a way that no one else can understand unless they themselves have been in the same boat!

Well it's time to get to reading. So until something fabulous and exciting happens or something terrible happens...

No comments:

Post a Comment