Background

Monday, September 5, 2011

1st Week Down!

This first week flew by and I'm pretty sure that's what I should expect for the rest of the semester. This week we were once again reminded by our level 2 coordinator that we shouldn't text/talk during class...she went on to say, "If I see you looking at your crotch, smiling, I know what you're doing...you're texting" :) Oh how hillarious (and brilliant I might add) my nursing instructor(s) are!

We've already had our high stakes testing for the semester which is our dosage calculations exam. We're required to get a 90% or higher on it. If we get below that then we have one chance to retake and get a passing grade. If we don't pass the second time we don't move on for the semester! So it's just slightly a big deal! Hoping grades will be posted soon, but I know how this program works and I'm sure we'll get results later rather than sooner!

Already I'm having to catch-up on reading assignments and review and relearn things that have slipped my mind...ack! If I thought that there was a lot of reading last semester I guess that I had no idea what was headed my way...it seems like we have a few hundred pages to read each week...and everything is still in the (new semester/unorganized) stage which makes it very difficult to get organized enough to know what readings are required for a particular lecture or lab! But I'm slowly organizing things in a way that will allow me to stay on track. Or, as others may call it, my OCD is showing, but you know know what...I'm not even going to go there!

As soon as we get the results from our CCT (the dosage exam) we'll be getting our clinical location...I'm extremely excited to find out where I'll be going. I'm also keeping my fingers crossed that we'll be able to spend all of our clinical time actually in clinicals and not a simulation...but again...I'm not holding my breath! :) "Expect the unexpected" I do believe that has become my life's motto!

Well I've finished my readings for today and I'm going to go and try and enjoy what little is left of my Labor day! So until my next posting...TTFN...Ta-Ta-For-Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment