Background

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

23 days and counting....

I hardly have time to catch my breath let alone write a new post!! There really hasn't been anything too exciting these past couple weeks to share though. Last week we didn't have clinicals because we had our lovely pediatric HESI exam and practice med-surg tests. Thankfully the pediatric test doesn't count as a grade, however, next week we take the HESI med-surg exit exam that counts as a test grade. I don't know if I've explain what HESI is so I'll explain now. HESI is an NCLEX prep test and predictor test. We've had to take HESI exams each semester. In level one we took the fundamentals test, level two we took the geriatric test, level three we took maternal, psych, and pharmacology, and for our last HESI's we have the pediatric and then the Med-Surg exit exam! There's only been one test that I haven't scored above the 850, so all-in-all I've been pretty happy with my scores, but I'm still nervous about the med-surg test since we don't really have a way to study for it. 


I can't believe I'm almost done. You know it's really amazing to finally be reaching a goal that I've had my entire life. It's hard to believe that it's actually happening and that I'm not just hoping to make it to the end. The end is near...23 days and counting...






If I think about it too much I get so overwhelmed with how much I have to do! I need to get in contact with old clinical instructors to see if they will write me a letter of recommendation, I need to finish my resume, I need to get signed up for my NCLEX-prep class, I need to plan my graduation party, I need to write a letter to send out to my family and friends announcing my graduation (since we don't get a commencement ceremony in the summer I decided I'll just send out a letter to my family and friends, maybe including a picture, saying I've made it)!! ACK! So much to do and so little time! 

Questions people ask me all the time is, "how do you do it?" Want to know my answer? I don't know! My best advice is to take it one day at a time. If you focus on how much you still have to accomplish it's so easy to get overwhelmed (I say to myself as I look at my list up above). I just take everything one day at a time!!!! If I still think about the fact that I want to go on for my BSN, that I may have more pre-reqs that I'll have to take and that I probably want to go on for my Masters I easily get overwhelmed; but I know that if I take everything one day at a time and one step at a time everything will eventually fall into place and my goals will be reached!!






So, my plan for the next 23 days? Take it one day at a time..try and take advantage to every free moment, remember to take some time to enjoy myself and my family, and hang on for the ride..because ready or not...here I come!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment